Grand Rapids Art Prize 2012
View Picture Gallery Here
Photos by Doug Coombe
ArtPrize celebrates it’s fourth year of bringing throngs of people to enjoy inspiring works from artists all over the world in galleries, store fronts and out on the streets of downtown Grand Rapids. With over $500,000 in prizes and winners judged by the public ArtPrize attracts an impressive and inspiring mix of great works in a wide array of media.
The vast majority of the works are downtown which encourages competition visitors to walk around and rediscover Grand Rapid’s on foot (there’s also plenty of shuttle buses). You’re just as likely to discover great works in traditional galleries like the Grand Rapids Art Museum and the UICA as you are likely to stumble across something beautiful in a bar, a bookstore or out in the street. And even on a weekday you’re going to find downtown teaming with people and plenty of helpful volunteers to guide you around and suggest great spots to check out. If you’re planning on visiting give yourself a whole day, there’s an unbelievable amount of outstanding art to check out.
- White men coveted by Dems and GOP this November
- If John Beilein is not the Big Ten Coach of the Year, Michigan should demand a recount
- Michigan attorney general is front, center and vocal on major court cases
- The lessons Detroit can learn from the rebuilding in New Orleans
- Small business owner is sick over the Affordable Care Act
- Changes may come for more than 350 juvenile lifers here in Michigan